• Report an Improper Disclosure by clicking on the form at the bottom.

    Who may file a complaint?

    Parents of a student or eligible student (student who is at least 18 years of age or attending a post-secondary institution at any age), principals, teachers, and employees of an educational agency.

    Will you accept anonymous complaints?

    It is our preference that complaints identify the person making the complaint (complainant), but we will generally accept and investigate anonymous complaints if we receive enough information to investigate. Please note that it may be impossible to properly investigate or respond to an anonymous complaint if the original complaint does not provide enough information, and we are not provided with a contact who can supplement or clarify the information for us.

    Will you contact third parties named in the complaint?

    While investigating your complaint, we may need to contact any third parties named in your privacy complaint and disclose the details of your complaint, and if needed, the complainant’s identity.

    Please do NOT include any information when filling out the form below that would constitute students' personally identifiable information.  If we need further information regarding your complaint, SED will reach out to you.